Following are some of the core beliefs and values of Hope Bible Church that define who we are and affect what we do.
1. Giving Glory to God: The first and foremost purpose of the church is to give glory to God, to honor Him in all that we think, say and do. Our preaching, our prayers, our songs, our ministries, our work, our relationships, our eating, our use of free time, and everything else in our lives, should be that which glorifies and honors God. 1 Corinthians 10:31, Psalm 150
2. Preaching and Teaching God's Word: One of our goals is to faithfully, fully, clearly, expositorily and passionately proclaim God's Word. This is the primary means for the sanctification, growth and protection of the church, for the evangelization of the lost, and for the fulfillment of God's purposes. "Preach the Word, in season and out." 2 Timothy 4:2, Acts 20:18-24
3. Evangelism: Our church is committed to the Great Commission that Christ gave us to go and make disciples of all the nations. We are committed to praying for the lost, loving them, serving them, and sharing the gospel with them, knowing that God will save those whom He has already chosen to save. We are thankful that we are part of God's worldwide evangelization effort, and that we can also support and encourage those who are involved in missionary work. Matthew 28:19-20
4. A High View of God. "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts." God is the only God, the most holy God. He is supreme and sovereign over the entire universe and all mankind. He created us, sustains and saves us. Therefore we are committed to exalting the One who is already exalted, to the One who is the Most High God. We want God to have first place in our lives, in the church, and in the world. Our desire is to be a God glorifying, Christ centered, and Spirit led church. Psalm 148
5. God's Sovereignty: God is sovereign over all things in the world and over all things in our lives. "The steps of man are ordained by the Lord." God is sovereign in a person's salvation, for the salvation of a sinner is rooted in God's gracious choice of him in eternity past. "All those appointed to eternal life believed." Knowing that God is sovereign in all lives, events and activities gives us great comfort, peace and joy. Proverbs 16:9, Proverbs 20:24, Acts 13:48, Ephesians 1:4
6. Unity and Diversity. The truth of Galatians 3:28 is demonstrated in our church: "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male or female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus." We are a blended church, a mix of young and old, couples and singles, including Hispanics, Asians, and African Americans. In our church we are diverse, yet united, for we all have the same Lord and Savior.
7. Church Growth: Church growth takes place, not as we employ man's methods, but as we follow God's Word and plans. Some ingredients to true church growth are: preaching the gospel, teaching God's Word, loving God and one another, obeying God, being holy, being filled with the Spirit, prayer, fellowship, discipleship, utilizing our gifts for ministry, and refuting error. Doing these things gives us confidence that God will build our church in the way and time that He desires. Matthew 16:18
8. The Power of God: As individuals and as a church we realize our weaknesses, and our inability to do what God wants us to do. Therefore we recognize our need to depend on God and be empowered by the Holy Spirit. Humility and prayer are means by which we receive His grace and are enabled to carry out His purposes for our lives, our church, and our world. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10, Philippians 4:13
9. Everyone is a Minister: God is greatly glorified as the Christians in our church each do their part in serving Him and one another. The Holy Spirit gives every Christian a spiritual gift that is useful and necessary in building up the church. Therefore we will function and grow properly as each believer is strengthened by God's grace, and uses his spiritual gift in the work and ministry of the church. 1 Peter 4:10-11, 1 Corinthians 12:29
10. Godly Families: The physical family is a vital part of the church. The health of our spiritual family, the church, is in large part related to the spiritual health of the physical family. Husbands are to be leading and loving their wives. Parents are to be teaching and training their children to be obedient and godly. Our desire is to do all we can to help the physical family be a healthy and integral part of the church family. Colossians 3:18-21
11. Discipleship: Our desire is to go and make disciples. This is what our Lord has commanded us to do until the end of the age. Discipleship takes place as we teach God's Word, as we love, encourage and counsel one another, and as we build into individual lives. It is a day by day, step by step, life long process as we work with God, believing in Him for people, and trusting that He will use as part of His means to build into the lives of others. Matthew 28:19-20, 2 Timothy 2:2.
12. The Coming of Christ. The day of Christ Jesus is drawing near, and we are looking forward to His appearing, to His return for us. At His coming, He will take up the saints, take out the enemy, and take over the world. Fixing our hope on Christ and His return motivates us to live godly and purposeful lives. Our desire in these days is to be serving the living God and waiting for His Son from heaven, who will give us relief from tribulation and rescue us from the wrath to come. 1 Thess. 1:9-10, 2 Thess. 1:6-10